At ehB Residential Limited and ehB Warwick Limited, we’re committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
About ehB Residential
ehB Residential is a trading name of ehB Residential Ltd whose registered number is 6579936 and registered office is Somerset House, Clarendon Place, Leamington Spa, CV32 5QN.
ehB Warwick whose registered number is 7068238 and registered office is 17-19 Jury Street, Warwick CV34 4EL.
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit one of our branches, for example when you:
● Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
● Ask us to value your property
● Register for our email newsletters
● Interact with us on our social media sites
We also obtain personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit our website.
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
The information we collect through our website using automated technical means includes: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier and location data. We also collect information about your website visit including which website pages are accessed, page response times and length of visits to pages.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information for certain prescribed periods to fulfil our statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it, or in accordance with any retention periods set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
● We may use your name, address and contact details for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and ehB Residential, such as providing you with products and services you have requested, visiting and arranging viewings of your property. Our legal basis for this use is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
● We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information, you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests and arranging visits to your property by our staff. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely carrying out activities in the course of ehB Residential business in response to customer enquiries or requests.
● We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information regarding similar goods and services to those you have already enquired about or purchased. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the ongoing marketing of our goods and services to individuals with whom we have an existing relationship in connection with our goods and services and/or who have expressed an interest in those goods and services.;
● Where you have entered into a contract with us or we have provided you with services, we may use your name, email address, postal address or phone number to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely evaluating and where necessary improving the quality of our service provision with a view to promoting the success of our business and positive customer relationships.
● Where you are a party to an existing contract with us or regularly enter into contracts with us for our goods and services, we may use your name, email address, postal address or phone number to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of our services. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the administration and management of our business contracts and relationships.
● We may use your name, email address and postal address to send you marketing communications. These may include information about properties for rent or for sale, the current property market, promotions or offers. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests
● We may use your photo I.D, proof of address such as driving licence, passport and utility bill etc to verify your identity where you are either a buyer, tenant, seller or landlord. Our legal basis for this use is compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We may use the information that we automatically collect using technical means through our website to:
● Administer our site and for troubleshooting, testing, research and statistical purposes. We use Google Analytics, a third-party website monitoring tool. Our legal basis for this is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring the use of our software and IT systems, improving our website
● Measure or understand the effectiveness of our own advertising activity. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely improving the relevancy of our advertising;
● Measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing emails.
We may analyse the personal information we collect directly from you and obtain using automated technical means to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you (if you have chosen to receive marketing communications from us).
Who has access to information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We may pass your information to third party service providers, including but not limited to:
● Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors working on our behalf for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you.
· We may from time to time securely pass identity and financial data we collect about property sellers, and prospective property purchasers, and landlords to Landmark ETSOS? to fulfil our legal obligation to carry out money laundering and financial criminal checks. We may also make reports to government agencies where we have a reasonable suspicion of money laundering or terrorist or criminal financing.
· Software and system providers including but not limited to; Alto, BriefYourMarket, Reapit Software, Sage, Iam-Sold.
· Website Hosts and analytics platform providers including but not limited too; BriefYourMarket, Google Analytics.
· We will securely pass identity and financial information about prospective tenants to our referencing agency, Rent 4 Sure. Our referencing agency will access your credit records held with a credit referencing agency as part of the referencing process. We or our referencing agency will also use identity information, banking, employment, and past residence information to obtain references from previous landlords, banks, or employers as to the suitability of a prospective tenant for a property and their ability to afford the rent. This may include telling those organisations or individuals the rent that the proposed tenancy is being marketed at. Our referencing agency may process parts of your credit records and other data they obtain to process your data automatically to produce a score which will determine whether or not you will be offered a tenancy. This is to protect the legitimate interests of our clients in having tenants who will not misuse their property and will pay the rent on time. If you refuse to give us this information or seek to try to prevent us making use of it then we will not be able to offer you a tenancy.
· We will pass identity information of new tenants to utility providers and local authority tax collection agencies to allow utility and tax accounts to be placed in the correct names to protect the legitimate interests of our clients.
· We will sometimes pass property details to third party contractors to take photographs for marketing purposes and place details of properties on our own and other websites and in the press to market them for sale or letting.
· We will pass personal contact information of tenants and property details to our approved contractors to allow our clients to fulfil their contractual obligation to organise tenancies and maintain tenanted property and to meet their legitimate interest in protecting their property. We will take steps to require maintenance contractors to comply with their data protection obligations.
· We may from time to time pass identity and financial information to legal advisors and debt collectors to protect our and our client’s legitimate interests by assisting in the collection of debts owed to ourselves or our clients or to take legal advice about claims that may be advanced against us or our clients.
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and otherwise use your information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies - ehB Residential Ltd, ehB Warwick Ltd, ehB New Homes Ltd and ehB Surveys Ltd in sofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to our insurers and /or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
In addition to the specific disclosures set out in this section, we may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
In this section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in the interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Where we have asked your consent for the use of your data you may withdraw it at any time. We may only then process your data if we can establish a need to do so.
You have the right to ask us to delete or stop processing your data. We may only then continue to do so if we can establish a need to do so.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your data, you may complain to us at any time by contacting email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Leamington office or email@example.com for our Warwick office. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commission whose details can be found along with more information on your rights at (https://ico.org.uk).
To exercise any of these rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Leamington office or email@example.com for our Warwick office. Or write to us at Leamington Office - Somerset House, Clarendon Place, Leamington Spa, CV32 5QN or for Warwick Office - 17-19 Jury Street, Warwick CV34 4EL. In addition, you can exercise your right to update your direct marketing preferences at any time by clicking on ‘preferences’ link at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do this in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. More information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the relevant UK supervisory authority) can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Security precautions in place to protect your information
We take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal information and prevent its loss, misuse or alteration. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of data sent between us over the internet.
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages you have been or viewed during a session. This helps us deliver a better, more personalised service to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on the Cookies we use, visit our Cookies Policy. https://www.ehbresidential.com/pages/cookies
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites. You should read the privacy policies of these organisations before providing them with any personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 23/5/2022.
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
"Just a quick note to say a big thank you for all your hard work diligence & understanding to help the sale go through so quickly."