call-to-action call-to-action-mobile

ehB Residential Surveys Limited

ehB Residential Surveys Limited is a RICS regulated firm and headed by Jonathan Selby assocRICS who is a RICS registered valuer. We are able to offer clients residential homebuyer and building surveys, residential valuations, residential lease extensions and the production of Energy Performance Certificates. 

Surveys and Valuations

The best way to reach an informal decision on such an important investment as a house purchase is to have a professional survey and valuation. Before you go ahead and commit yourself to the purchase ask a qualified surveyor these questions:-

  1. Is the agreed price reasonable?
  2. Are there any building problems I need to know about?
  3. If so, what do I need to do about them?

Commissioning your own survey is the simple economical way to avoid unpleasant and perhaps costly surprises after moving in.

A Survey and Valuation is not as expensive as you may think and could save you thousands of pounds. 


We provide independent valuation advice for a large range of purposes including:-

  1. Valuation for mortgage purposes
  2. Valuation for probate.
  3. Valuation for matrimonial purposes
  4. Valuation for insurance reinstatement costs.

Valuations for these purposes can vary, as different assumptions have to be made in arriving at the valuation figure.  Jonathan has worked extensively in the area for over thirty years and with a good understanding of the local property market he is ideally placed to undertake all types of valuation work. 

Residential Lease Extensions

Many properties, and in particular flats and maisonettes, are bought on a long leasehold interest, a large proportion of which originally had a term of 99 years. 

As the remaining term gets shorter and especially when there is less than 70 years remaining on the lease, the value of the property may become affected and a number of building societies may not be willing to grant mortgages. 

The Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 as amended by the Common Hold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 provides, subject to certain qualifying criteria, for the leaseholder to extend their lease, thereby creating a more valuable asset and enhancing the saleability should there be a shorter lease term. 

Jonathan specialises in the valuation and calculation of the premium to be paid for new lease under the terms of this legislation. 

Many flat owners owning properties in the same block collectively wish to purchase the freehold and this is known as enfranchisement. 

The price to be paid for the freehold is again governed by the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993. Jonathan Selby Limited carries out valuations in this specialist field. 

Energy Performance Certificates

An Energy Performance Certificate shows the official energy efficiency rating of a property. All properties offered for sale or to rent require an Energy Performance Certificate. 

The certificate provides you with a rating for the building showing its energy efficiency and its environmental impact on a scale from A-G. A is the most efficient and G the least efficient. It also contains recommendations on how to improve the building’s energy performance. 

We provide Energy Performance Certificates for a large number of Home owners, together with many firms of Solicitors, Estate Agents and Managing/Letting Agents. 

"Just a quick note to say a big thank you for all your hard work diligence & understanding to help the sale go through so quickly."
Tom & Jennifer