- Tenants wishing to let a property are subject to satisfactory credit referencing.
- To proceed with an application we will require a completed online reference form along with the administration fee (see below).
- To apply, we will require copy of photo ID and a copy of a current utility bill from your current address.
- Prior to occupation of a property, the tenant will be required to pay the deposit equal to one month’s rent plus £200, in cleared funds within seven days of the application being approved and at least one day prior to taking up occupation.
- Please note that in some instances, a larger deposit may be required.
- The deposit cannot be used by the tenant against rental monies owed.
- A month’s rent in advance will be payable upon signing the Tenancy agreement - this must be in cleared funds.
- ehB are members of a regulated Deposit Scheme and, as such, hold the deposit as Stakeholder and will hold the deposit in a separate bank account.
- In most cases, a professional inventory will be provided at the start of the tenancy with seven days to note any amendments.
- This inventory will provide the basis for the end of tenancy check out.
- Note: Failure to return a signed copy of the inventory may affect the arbitration on any dispute that may arise at the end of a tenancy.
- Should the Landlord not provide an inventory, you as tenant have the right to have one produced and we will be able to advise you of costs in this matter.
Paying the Rent
- A Standing Order Mandate will be provided at the start of the tenancy for ongoing rental payments.
- All bills relating to the property, including TV Licence, BT, Sky and cable will be the responsibility of the tenant unless otherwise indicated.
- Please note: All properties are let as Non Smoking, pets are also not allowed unless otherwise indicated or by special arrangement.
Paying with a Debit Card or Credit Card
- We now have the facility to take payments by Credit or Debit Card (not available at our Warwick branch).
- A 3% fee is charged to utilise this facility for UK Credit Cards.
- A 4% fee is charged to utilise this facility for Non-UK Credit or Debit Cards.
- Alternatively, you can transfer funds to our bank account, providing they are received into ehB's bank account 24-hours prior to tenancy start date.
Administration fee for single occupant or two max (to include referencing, setting up the tenancy)
|£300 incl VAT|
Administration fee for additional tenants over two
(i.e. 3 or more)
|an extra £60 incl VAT per person|
|Company application||£360 incl VAT|
|Renewing your Tenancy||£72 incl VAT for a fixed term renewal|
|Guarantor Fee||£60 incl VAT per person|
Equal to one month’s rent plus £200 (in some instances a larger deposit may be required). The deposit will be registered with the TDS.
|Future Landlord Reference||£24 incl VAT per person|
|Mid Tenancy Contract Amendment||£90 incl VAT|
"We have found EHB really good to work with - you have all been very proactive on our behalf, and provided good down to earth advice. Your documentation in the booklet and the plan of the house was exemplary. This is in contrast to the more expensive and more national company dealing with our purchase. We would strongly recommend EHB to anyone wanting to sell their property in this area."